What is it good for?
To publish open access journals. It helps with the entire editing process from the submission of the manuscript to the publication of the final journal issue.
Why is it good?
Articles published in this system get into the circulation of scientific publications much easier. They get a unique DOI identifier (Digital Object Identifier) that identifies the document, rather than the location of its storage. In addition, journals can be included in DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals), which allows publications to be visible and even available in the search engine of many international database service providers.
Which journals can appear in ELTE’s journal management system?
Journals published by any department of the university. Based on individual judgment, non-university journals can also be published here if they contain the results of ELTE’s educational or research work.
Is it mandatory to perform the editing process in this system?
No it is not. The management system can also be use only for publishing purposes. In this case, the editing process is coordinated by conventional tools (such as mails).
What are the basic conditions for a journal to be published?
- regular publication (at least once a year)
- ISSN number
- contains abstract for every single article
- contains a list of subject headings
Can previous issues be published as well?
Yes. But only in the case of currently published journals, if the authors agree to publish new issues in ELTE’s journal management system. If you would like to archive previous issues of journals that are no longer published, you can do that in ELTE’s Digital Institutional Repository (EDIT).
Is it free of charge?
Yes. The software is completely free, and the system operated by ELTE University Library and Archives is also free of charge.
Which software is this exactly?
Our journal management system is based on the latest version of the world famous Open Journal System 3.
Does it support the publication of multilingual journals?
Yes, the system supports multilingual journals.
How can I start using it?
- The editor-in-chief of the journal fills out the form at the bottom of the page.
- ELTE University Library and Archives will contact the applicant.
- After multiple reconciliations, we will customize the journal’s independent surface and the publication process.
- If requested by the publisher, previous issues will be uploaded.
- We publish the public surface of the journal on the ojs.elte.hu webpage.