The University Library and Archives of Eötvös Lorand University is glad to inform our dear Readers that according to the current university regulations, our reading rooms are expected to be closed until the end of August 2021. Our library provides rental and other services – even during the whole summer period. We are pleased to offer you our lending, book returns and pick-up services requested online at the information desk at the entrance on weekdays from 9:00 to 18:00.
Register and renew membership (also available online)
- You can initiate registration and renewal of membership by using the ELTE Library WebApp application and arrange it in person at the Information Desk.
Book rental service:
- Books from the bookstack requested online, by email (email@example.com) or in person can be picked up at the Information Desk within two working days. We will notify you of the receipt of the books on email or via ELTE Library WebApp.
- Open shelf files are available again, but they can still be retrieved and booked online.
- With our renewed catalog, the ELTEfind search engine, it is possible again to search not only library documents, but also the contents of EDIT (ELTE Digital Institutional Knowledge Base) and subscribed databases.
- Books returned from rental will be reissued after a 72-hour quarantine.
- You are still able to check your library loans and debts via ELTE Library WebApp or via ELTEfind.
Book return service:
- Books can be returned in person at the Information Desk, by post, or dropping them into the book drop station by the entrance of the University Library during the opening hours.
Our library information user services are available on working days from 9 am to 6 pm at the following contacts:
- in person at the Library Information Desk
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (+36 1) 411-6500/3411
- Skype: Egyetemi Könyvtár és Levéltár ELTE (ekonyvtar_1)
- Facebook Chat: https://www.facebook.com/ELTEkonyvtar
- Ask a Librarian Service
- Microsoft Teams Application
- Digital or photocopy order can be initiated in person at the Information Desk or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Guidelines for research room use
- In justified cases, with a research permit, we provide the opportunity to use our special collections at a pre-agreed time. Research permission can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other continuously operating services:
- Online sources
- Remote access to ELTE databases and E-books
- ELTEfind – The new online catalog
- ELTE Library WebApp (online registration, virtual library card, renewing your items on loan)
- Special Request
- Electronic Application Form
- Online Renewal via OPAC
- Journal Management System (OJS)
- MTMT Coordination
- EDIT – Eötvös Loránd University’s Institutional Repository
- Open Access Agreements
Up-to-date information about the available content and services can also be found on the social media interfaces of the library. Please, feel free to contact us on the following pages:
The University Library and Archives is committed to providing access to its online content and services in a user-friendly manner during this changed situation. Therefore, from June the renewed, independent website of the University Library and Archives will be available at konyvtar.elte.hu, and the also renewed interface of the University Library Service will be accessible at a separate address.